Contracting in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Telecom consolidation. New market opportunities. Strategic relationships. Contract formation and implementation. At FH2 our telecommunications attorneys assist clients with business-changing merger, acquisition and strategic partnership transactions, as well as contracts for leading edge services with carriers, infrastructure providers and customers.
Recent transactional services include
- Representation of carriers and advanced service providers in merger, acquisition, finance, strategic alliance, joint venture and partnering/distribution transactions
- Drafting and negotiating carrier interconnection, traffic exchange, collocation, pole attachment, fiber lease, and indefeasible right of use agreements, along with related network maintenance agreements
- Representation of carriers and advanced service providers in VoIP, carrier-to-carrier, master purchase, collocation and Internet peering agreements
- Negotiation of telecommunications equipment lease/purchase agreements, vendor financing and subordination agreements
- Representation of carriers seeking to utilize state, county or municipal rights-of-way, along with negotiation of related franchise or right-of-way agreements with cities, counties or municipalities
- Performance of regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers, acquisitions and debt/equity transactions
- Securing state regulatory approvals in all 50 states for merger, acquisition, transfer of control and financing transactions involving regulated entities
- Assistance with federal excise taxes and exemptions, along with sales and use taxes and other surcharges